This fourth of July, I wanted an array of delicious flavors on my plate. I read several different foodie blogs who were preparing for their cookouts! Thankfully there is a local meat market in Downtown Statesboro that had some great weekend deals. I picked up some hot dogs, burgers, wings, and spare ribs. I decided to go for some Sweet N Spicy wings, Chipotle spare ribs, and a side of Mexi grilled corn.
Sweet ‘n Spicy Chicken Wings
As a lover of Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauces and marinades, I was excited to try their Sweet ‘N Spicy Barbecue sauce for these wings! If you love sticky wings with tons of flavor, then try this recipe out.
12-16 Party (cut) Wings
18 oz Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet ‘N Spicy Barbecue Sauce
18 oz Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons parsley
3 tablespoons garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Lay chicken wings out flat on pan
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper
- Follow with parsley and garlic pepper
- Place seasoned chicken in oven and cook for 45min
- Once chicken is done, remove from over and let cool 2-3min
- In a bowl, add in 2 cups of Sweet ‘N Spicy sauce and 1/2 cup of Barbecue sauce
- Once chicken is heavily coated, add to oven for anoth 10-15min
- Remove chicken from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Mexi Grilled Corn
Elotes is a traditional hispanic corn dish. This dish is usually made with mayo or creama, cayenne, lime juice, and parmesean cheese. Rarely do I make or eat corn, but I wanted an array of flavors! If you’re looking for a yummy grilled corn recipie, then try this one out!
5 Ears of corn, schucked
1 Cup Mayo
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons cilantro
Greated Parmsean Cheese
- Add schucked corn to grill
- Let cook 8-10min
- Remove corn from grill and set aside
- In a bowl, add mayo. Then add garlic salt and chilantro.
- Add mayo mix all over ears of corn.
- Once covered, add parmesean cheese to taste!
Chipotle Spare Ribs
This was my very first time taclking ribs! I used a Grill mates Chipotle Pepper seasonisng packet to help set off the flavor and topped these ribs with the so-delicous Sweet Baby Rays!
1.5lb Spare Ribs
40 oz Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce
1 Pak Grill Mates Chipotle Pepper seasoning pack
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lays ribs apart on an oiled sheet pan.
- Rub grill mates seasoing pack on each rib thoroughly.
- Once ribs are covered, put ribs in over for 40min.
- Let ribs cook, turning over frequently.
- Once ribs are finished, allow to cool for 2-3 min.
- Cover ribs in Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce
- Once ribs are covered, insert rib back into stove for anoher 10-12min
- Remove ribs from stove, let cool, and enjoy (:
Wishing everyone a wonerful fourth!